I stand by what I wrote about focusing on God and that it is often harder with small stuff than the big stuff. However I also learned that you have to know which is which. It wasn't until our internet went on the fritz (hence the absence of posts) that I realized quite how important this blog is to me. It's kind of like my journal, but also I know it keeps me in touch with everyone. When that was not available it was very isolating.
Secondly, with the double mastitis my "cow" status has been revoked and I'm hardly producing any milk. Any pain or discomfort is secondary to this. Producing milk has been the one thing I could do, as a mother, for my child and now it's looking like I might not be able to do that. Yes, there are plenty of alternatives and we have ALOT stored up, but that's not the point!!
So, I discovered these are not such small things for me! So, if you believe there is a devil, you can imagine that he's trying to break my spirit! Too many people are seeing how our faith and the Holy Spirit are keeping us going through all this, and that might make people believe that Jesus is real. (If you don't believe in a devil, I guess I just have bad luck!)
Anyhow, that was Wednesday. Yesterday (Thursday) I was fairly despondent. Then our friend Todd told us the computer was not broken! Scott called Verizon (again) and this time they were able to fix the internet!! Then my big sister helped me to see that breast-feeding is not the only option. (just need to remember it!)
Oh and then there's Emma! (Thought I'd forgotten didn't you!!) Emma is doing very well and the doctors are really pleased with her progress. Yesterday she was weaned more from the ventilator and they expect to extubate on the weekend. She is not receiving much support, but they are doing an MRI today and need the breathing tube in for that.
she came off the morphine drip on Wednesday and has only needed a couple pain rescues, so she is handling the surgery very well.
She has had a few bowel movements, which indicates things are working and they may start feeding her next week. This is a VERY slow process. It will start with tiny amounts and progress slowly. (There is no way to know when she will be ready to come home until she's ready!)
Today's MRI is to explore the cause of her facial paralysis. Please pray that she will be able to recover the movement in her face. We are hopeful and she is now blinking enough to keep her eyes moist.
Oh, and this was the other great thing that happened yesterday:
1 comment:
Hi Scott and Debra!! Just wanted to check in and let you know that we have been reading your blog each day and that Baby Emma has been in our prayers and in the prayers of our church family!! She's such a little cutie! Your words reflect such a beautiful relationship that you have with Christ!! Praise the Lord for His goodness and for never having to face a day without him! We can't wait to meet Emma!! Thanks for keeping us all updated!!
Lots of Love to you all!!
Post a Comment