I was awoken this morning about 5am with a pain only nursing mothers will know!! So much for a holiday lie in!
Anyhow, we got up early and headed to the hospital, arriving about 7.45am. It was before the doctors made their rounds, but we were told that Emma had been a good girl, but had had an episode during the night. (These episodes are when her heart rate drops and so do the SATS - I'm not sure what that stands for either!!)
She was as cute as a button!!
After dinner with the rest of our family (mmm, turkey!!), we headed back up to the hospital. Unfortunately we were told Emma's CBC count was up (bad) and they had to change her antibiotics. They will test her again in the morning, but it looks much less likely she'll have surgery tomorrow.
Rather than get frustrated and impatient (I know, I can hardly believe it either - me!!) we are just praying that she can fight this infection without getting sick - she has shown no other symptoms.
In the meantime we had a real treat (which may also have been a little naughty!!). Emma's nurse had to change her bedding and asked Scott if he wanted to replace the bedding or lift Emma up for her to remove it! Can you guess which he chose?!!
Then she asked me if I wanted to lift her also (by this time I had stopped pumping and grabbed the camera to snap Scott with Emma!) Of course I had to say yes and was thrilled. After I put her back down the nurse lowered the side of the crib and told me to step in closer. She picked Emma up and laid her in my arms for a moment!
It seemed to be over as quick as it began, and I don't really remember what was going through my mind (other than if my shirt was clean enough!) but it felt good, really good.
I'm not sure she was supposed to do that, but we are so glad she did! We may be able to hold out a bit longer now before we can really hold her, and when we do, it will be tough to put her down!!
Please continue to pray against this infection, she needs them all.
And I will get the pictures up here soon!!
Wow, it's late! I'd better get some rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment