Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Phew!

I was ready to ditch Verizon today - if I don't post for a couple days it's usually because of the DSL craziness!!

So where were we? Emma came off the ventilator, and went on to the C-PAPP (?) which was similar but instead of the tube in her throat it forced air into her nose. When I got there today (after 1pm - I'll explain later!) the little angel had a bloody nose and was very uncomfortable. Thankfully they were prepared to try her again on the canula - the small tube you see in the ealry photos.

So far she has been doing okay, though she still has to work hard.

Yesterday and today I was able to hold her for a long time, and even got to pick her up by myself today!! It's still tough with all the wires etc. but feels much more natural. She does like to be held!

Please keep praying for her lungs. They have stopped sucking out her stomach, which suggests they are getting ready to feed her!!

As for me, the mastitis is still with me, I'm on the antibiotics until Saturday, but milk production is up! It is a lot of work as it takes about an hour to pump both individually and I have to do it every 2-3 hours, so I feel like, well, a dairy cow!

However, last night I noticed a rash on my foot, and this morning it had spread to much of my body! I feared it might be something contagious, or an allergy to the antibiotics, but the doctor who delivered Emma said it is contact dermatitis! Not contagious and pretty itchy!

So, what on earth am I allergic to? Your guess is as good as mine! I have not been using any new products!

Certainly all my medical contacts are baffled by my "bad luck". I have to tell you I am taking it all with a dose of amusement, after all, life's too short to feel sorry for yourself. Or as James put it:
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. (James 1: 2-4)

We're taking it day by day, and knowing that you all are standing with us is a wonderful comfort.

Thank you. And God bless you.

No comments: