This afternoon Scott learnt how to give Emma a back and chest massage! She was nestled on his lap as he smoothed out the tension in her shoulders. By the time he had finished she was out cold and drooling like a champ! We are going to try and give her a massage every evening before we go home. Judging by this evening, she'll be relaxed until the next morning!
Emma certainly deserved the massage. She has been working very hard to get well, and today they lowered her air support to 2 liters, from 3! They also increased her feeds from 15ml to 20ml, and then again to 25ml (though I haven't heard how well she took that!).
She also had a hearing test today which I believe she passed.
Given the progress I had to ask the question that EVERYONE wants an answer to:
When is she coming home???
They couldn't tell me for sure, obviously. However I was told that she would need to be down to 1 liter of air support and tolerating full feeds of 45ml. Isn't it tempting to say "so she could be home by Christmas!!" Maybe, but let's not get carried away just yet.
Instead, please join with us to pray that Emma will continue to gain strength and heal. She will be home in God's time and we will wait for that, whenever it is.
And when she does come home, as Scott said tonight, we won't be able to put her down! (Really, he said that! And you thought I was going to find it the hardest!)
Oh, here are some new pics, including Aunt Kim's new name plate for Emma!
1 comment:
Dear Miss Emma,
You are progressing so fast. We are soooo thankful for the miracles the Lord is doingin your life. Your Mom is right, who would ever think that "pooping" is a five alarm event!!! hahaha After all you have been through, Miss Emma, every little bit of normalcy is significant. I am glad to learn you are being weaned from the oxygen. You will find the "air" to be quite refreshing!
We love you,
Henry, Inga and Kambole
Post a Comment