What can I say? Emma has not had ANY episodes since they put her on the regular canula yesterday. Good news? D’uh! What does it mean? Well, nothing right now! (Are you sensing my reserve here!)
Now, if Emma continues to do so well on the regular canula, especially after surgery we will have found our answer. However in addition to the air flow that is supposedly keeping her airway open, she does require regular suctioning of her saliva. (Regular meaning throughout the day and night whenever they build up.) Her nurse last night was very purposeful about that, as am I during the day.
We will await the word from her medical team at the meeting tomorrow.
The surgery is scheduled for Friday February 2. Following the surgery she is likely to be intubated until the Monday. Then they will begin feeding her, with very small amounts into her stomach. This process will move only as fast as she tolerates. This is why we can’t have a definite date for her homecoming.
So, stay with us folks. Tomorrow is another day!
1 comment:
Confused...tomorrow is friday and it's 2/1. She isn't getting surgery tomorrow? That's when you are having the meeting!
As for grad school, yeah I need to go back to school. I'm going back to be a nurse practitioner, like Tara, Madeline, Renee...etc.
I need lots of prayer still...I'm freakin' out!
Post a Comment