Friday, January 25, 2008

Milk Scan results

Since I had so much to tell you yesterday I thought I'd save this for today.

As you may recall, Emma went on a road trip yesterday, for a milk scan. Here she is in her "wheels":












At the test they put several mls in her belly and she instantly threw them up. they tried it again and the same happened. So they gave up.

When they returned with Emma I asked what they had found out. The answer: she has reflux! Unfortunately nothing conclusive about aspirating the reflux into her lungs, but the nurse said she went "dusky" which means she was having trouble breathing, indicating aspiration.

Apparently though she had more Brady episodes last night WITH the CPAP, than just the canula! They are going to try her with it again today though.

We are very hopeful that she will respond well to the new ideas, but as you can see, it isn't so straight forward. Please continue to pray with us for continued progress. We will do whatever is necessary to bring her home, but she must be stable enough! For that we must trust in God to lead and guide the doctors.

In the meantime, we remain positive, faith-filled and joyful. We love Emma more each day!

Here's a cute picture of Emma:

1 comment:

Taryn said...

umm seriously, the cutest thing I have ever seen! But...do we really need all that white tape on her face? She's so tiny that with all that tape you can barely see her face!