So Emma fell asleep at about 6pm, despite Scott's best efforts to keep her awake while I popped out to order the cake. ( I also got a new [diaper] bag, just to treat myself!) When her grandparents and aunt came over she woke up just long enough for me to put her in the arms of Aunt Kimberly for the first time! She fell right to sleep but Kimberly was happy to keep holding her!
At 11 years old Kimberly was too young to visit Emma in the NICU and other than a couple sneaked peeks she has waited so patiently to spend time with the baby. We gave her a surprise when we also asked her to become Emma's Godmother on Sunday! We have so many great friends whom we know will give Emma lots of guidance in walking with the Lord. With Kimberly so close in age to Emma, and because she has shown great maturity and wisdom in her life so far we hope that she will be a great source of spiritual encouragement. We are so pleased she agreed! (We're proud of you Kimberly!)
Now onto this morning...
Diaper change at 2am, awake at 4am! I took her downstairs so we didn't disturb Scott, but she wouldn't go back to sleep! At 6.30am we went back upstairs and she let me get some broken sleep! After a while I figured I should get a shower while she was content. You guessed it, she fell asleep! already awake I got prepared for the doctors and also to give her a sponge bath! We accomplished it all and now I'm just waiting for her to finish eating so we can head out!
I realize this is the plight of parents the world over, so I don't expect any sympathy!!
As I know many of you will advise, I'm going to get a nap this afternoon if I can!
At 11 years old Kimberly was too young to visit Emma in the NICU and other than a couple sneaked peeks she has waited so patiently to spend time with the baby. We gave her a surprise when we also asked her to become Emma's Godmother on Sunday! We have so many great friends whom we know will give Emma lots of guidance in walking with the Lord. With Kimberly so close in age to Emma, and because she has shown great maturity and wisdom in her life so far we hope that she will be a great source of spiritual encouragement. We are so pleased she agreed! (We're proud of you Kimberly!)
Now onto this morning...
Diaper change at 2am, awake at 4am! I took her downstairs so we didn't disturb Scott, but she wouldn't go back to sleep! At 6.30am we went back upstairs and she let me get some broken sleep! After a while I figured I should get a shower while she was content. You guessed it, she fell asleep! already awake I got prepared for the doctors and also to give her a sponge bath! We accomplished it all and now I'm just waiting for her to finish eating so we can head out!
I realize this is the plight of parents the world over, so I don't expect any sympathy!!
As I know many of you will advise, I'm going to get a nap this afternoon if I can!
No comments:
Post a Comment