Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sleep like a baby

Emma's sleep study is tonight. This is funny because we were planning to stay over with her tonight in a special room where we would do all her care but the nurses can see her monitor! Apparently though we can do this in the sleep lab, so we are still going in!

Just two weeks ago everyone was certain that we would need at home nursing assistance for at least 8 hours a day. However, since her surgery there have been no episodes, she does not need suction any more than occasionally and she can sleep for long periods without waking up coughing.

We are so thankful to God for giving us such wonderful doctors and nurses who have helped Emma so much. It will be very sad for me to leave th NICU behind, no really! I have really enjoyed hanging out with the nurses, despite the circumstances. Their love for Emma and patience with me have made this experience less of a trial and more of a journey. We are hoping that some nurses will come to Emma's dedication.

This week we are getting the final touches ready at home, and we went out with our friends for dinner on Saturday for the last time before we need a babysitter like they do! (Not that I plan to leave Emma with anyone else for some time! I've been waiting for over 3 months to be alone with her!!) People are quick to joke that those feelings won't last for long, but I don't think any of us can be sure as it's quite a unique situation.

I am nervous about the change that's coming, wonderful as it is! But when I am at home I am so excited that Emma will soon be with us and our days will be our own, it puts the nerves away.

Stay with us as the excitement builds! The blog will soon be a journal of our adventures of a family and Emma's experiences in the world outside!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woohoo-hoo!!! im soo psyched! i cant imagine how you guys feel ;) have fun tonight!!

~Kali~

Taryn said...

you do realize that I may not let you leave...you must realize this!