Emma woke up at 5am and due to the wires etc I couldn't pick her up to keep her quiet, so Scott woke up too. (He had broken sleep too and he had to work today!) The technician took all the wires off (about 10 were stuck to her head) and her NICU nurse came up to take her back to the NICU - the study was in the sleep laboratory!
We grabbed some breakfast and went to check on Emma. Scott headed off for work, while I stayed a little while to make sure she was relaxed. She slept!
I came home at 8am, picked up some groceries, finished the cleaning and was in bed by noon! I got a couple of hours sleep (thankfully) before Scott came home and we headed to the hospital again.
We were only able to stay a couple of hours, during which Emma's nurse told us her doctor wants us to stay over again in a regular room and take care of her. then she should be able to go home Monday. I will get confirmation tomorrow when I speak to her doctor first hand, and they should then have the results of the study.
If that is the case we will spend much of the weekend sleeping! Speaking of which, I'll be hitting the pillow shortly!!
We grabbed some breakfast and went to check on Emma. Scott headed off for work, while I stayed a little while to make sure she was relaxed. She slept!
I came home at 8am, picked up some groceries, finished the cleaning and was in bed by noon! I got a couple of hours sleep (thankfully) before Scott came home and we headed to the hospital again.
We were only able to stay a couple of hours, during which Emma's nurse told us her doctor wants us to stay over again in a regular room and take care of her. then she should be able to go home Monday. I will get confirmation tomorrow when I speak to her doctor first hand, and they should then have the results of the study.
2 comments:
awww shucks!...yes, you might be zomby-like but you'll have your little girl home and happy!! im soo exited for you guys ;)
YEAH!!!!! I can't believe the day is almost here when you can FINALLY take Emma home! I am so happy for you guys. Oh no, it's happening again...tears in my eyes at work!!! At least these are definitely tears of joy!!! Congratulations! Get some sleep this weekend! Hope to see you THREE soon!
Nichole ;)
Post a Comment