Yesterday a team from Early Intervention came to assess Emma's needs for therapy at home. They determined that overall she is about 2 months behind, although in some areas she is age appropriate. She should get weekly therapy starting in a couple weeks.
One thing that was a big hit with her was a string of beads that she followed around, turning her head. I have some that Mrs T. gave me for Valentines so I dug them out and
she loved them too, and quite appropriately they are heart beads...
She fell asleep clutching them while we were chatting to my Grandma on the webcam. I can say "we" because Emma was talking almost as much as me! Don't worry - I won't be leaving her alone with them!!
Of course it would be remiss of me not to mention the real reason this is Good Friday. The sacrifice of Jesus Christ, giving his life and dying on a cross for you and I to be reconciled with God is what we remember today. Good because it was his complete goodness that gave us such a gift.
Without this sacrifice, and the new life my faith in Jesus brings, I would not be able to share such great hope with you, hope for a life beyond all imagination.
No comments:
Post a Comment