Yesterday was a good day, but long! Emma kicked it off at 4am and as promised Scott took her downstairs to give me rest. I joined them for a bit at 6am and both father and daughter were asleep in the living room.
Emma had two desats early in the morning, meaning her blood oxygen saturation decreased below 90%. They were brief and we did not worry [too much!]. When she did it again later in the morning and was awake I was concerned and called the hospital. The doctor said it was nothing too be concerned about if she looked okay and the levels came back up quickly.
By the end of the night she had had 8 desats, all brief and mostly when asleep. We did suction her, but the pump sounds like a lawn-mower engine so it scared her!
In preparation for Sunday's dedication we got her a gown and took some great pictures when we tried it on her. I'll post them later - you don't need expensive photographers, just some patient parents!
Now if only I knew what I was wearing!
Emma had two desats early in the morning, meaning her blood oxygen saturation decreased below 90%. They were brief and we did not worry [too much!]. When she did it again later in the morning and was awake I was concerned and called the hospital. The doctor said it was nothing too be concerned about if she looked okay and the levels came back up quickly.
By the end of the night she had had 8 desats, all brief and mostly when asleep. We did suction her, but the pump sounds like a lawn-mower engine so it scared her!
In preparation for Sunday's dedication we got her a gown and took some great pictures when we tried it on her. I'll post them later - you don't need expensive photographers, just some patient parents!
Now if only I knew what I was wearing!
No comments:
Post a Comment