When I was seven months pregnant Scott and I began a six week renovation of our kitchen and dining room. For weeks we had a plastic sheet covering the archway into the living room and we lived on sandwiches, made inside the fridge, or take-out (not so bad for a pregnant food-lover!!).
One of the hardest aspects (after the cost of everything! ;-) was the dust that covered the rest of the house. It was unavoidable really, and I could say it was my hormones that made it so upsetting, but let's be real - I hate dirt, and even more, I hate dirt in my home!
So tonight when Scott ripped out the sink, wall and floor, without shutting the bedroom doors I think it was the straw that broke the camels back! My dresser had a layer of cement dust on it as I brought up the freshly laundered linens to make the bed. Poor guy, I feel so bad that I moaned about that like it's his fault our bathroom sucks.
He had to go take a shower at his parents because we can't turn the bathroom water back on - the faucet pipes have no shut-off!
I simply don't know whether to laugh or cry at the continuous trials that keep coming up! I lie, I wanted to cry but I think I'm all out of tears.
I don't even care about the money (someone print that and frame it - may not see it again!), I just don't know how I can face either renovations of our ONLY bathroom (yep!) or a temporary fix delaying the inevitable. Here all day. With a baby.
Finally, please pray for me - it is only my self-centeredness that makes this as big a problem as it is. I'm a big girl, I can admit that. I'm still learning how to get over myself and get on with what lies ahead. Anyone know the secret to it? Really??
I truly really hope you're having a better day. No sense in us both being down, right?
One of the hardest aspects (after the cost of everything! ;-) was the dust that covered the rest of the house. It was unavoidable really, and I could say it was my hormones that made it so upsetting, but let's be real - I hate dirt, and even more, I hate dirt in my home!
He had to go take a shower at his parents because we can't turn the bathroom water back on - the faucet pipes have no shut-off!
I simply don't know whether to laugh or cry at the continuous trials that keep coming up! I lie, I wanted to cry but I think I'm all out of tears.
I don't even care about the money (someone print that and frame it - may not see it again!), I just don't know how I can face either renovations of our ONLY bathroom (yep!) or a temporary fix delaying the inevitable. Here all day. With a baby.
Finally, please pray for me - it is only my self-centeredness that makes this as big a problem as it is. I'm a big girl, I can admit that. I'm still learning how to get over myself and get on with what lies ahead. Anyone know the secret to it? Really??
I truly really hope you're having a better day. No sense in us both being down, right?
1 comment:
right!! if u wanna get out u can come to christina's!! && i will b there!! ;) ok well dont get down...i might want to and then we both will be...thats not kool...ttyl
Post a Comment