I can't believe I never thought of this before, but today before I started Emma's lunchtime feed I took both of her hands and gave thanks to God for the food. Something we should do before each meal, and in all areas of our life as we acknowledge it is only through his grace that we prosper. It felt great to start teaching Emma about honoring God from such a young age!
I'm sure you're wondering how it went with the pump last night? It was great. We started it at 11pm and it beeped at 6am to tell us it was done. I did not have to change any diapers - there was a very full wet one at 6 though!
The question is, did I have to get up in the night? Yes! Sometimes Emma cries out in her sleep, without waking up. All I know is I wake to crying on the monitor, and have no idea how long she has been crying. So I rush in there to find a sleeping baby! This can happen a few times, but I'm not awake enough to think I should lay and wait a moment to see if she stops!! Hopefully I'll get better with it!
It was certainly much better! And I don't have to feed her at 6am like I used to, so if she doesn't wake up then we can all sleep through. This morning she slept a little longer and did not have any gas - she normally has very bad gas in the morning which requires lots of venting. She's also been in a great mood, so clearly slept very well.
One final thought today, something you might not know - you can't drown ants! They swim. (Scott found a whole colony in our hose this morning!!)
I'm sure you're wondering how it went with the pump last night? It was great. We started it at 11pm and it beeped at 6am to tell us it was done. I did not have to change any diapers - there was a very full wet one at 6 though!
The question is, did I have to get up in the night? Yes! Sometimes Emma cries out in her sleep, without waking up. All I know is I wake to crying on the monitor, and have no idea how long she has been crying. So I rush in there to find a sleeping baby! This can happen a few times, but I'm not awake enough to think I should lay and wait a moment to see if she stops!! Hopefully I'll get better with it!
It was certainly much better! And I don't have to feed her at 6am like I used to, so if she doesn't wake up then we can all sleep through. This morning she slept a little longer and did not have any gas - she normally has very bad gas in the morning which requires lots of venting. She's also been in a great mood, so clearly slept very well.
One final thought today, something you might not know - you can't drown ants! They swim. (Scott found a whole colony in our hose this morning!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment