Okay, so it's always nice to have a "healthy glow" versus winter white! With our anniversary being , well, today I always think back to our wedding when I had said glow!
On Sunday my good friend, who works at a salon, arranged a free spray tan, in one of those booths - how cool is that! She explained all the things you need to do to avoid "fake tan" syndrome! Apparently I don't follow instruction well!
Firstly, it is impossible to hold your breath for as long as the spray takes, so you end up inhaling said spray! I didn't hold my breath at all first off and panicked when the spray got to my face! What do you do when you panic? Take a deep breath. Yep, it's like spraying hairspray in your mouth!!
After all the spraying was over, finally (you can't just stop half way!) I came out. There was some follow-up instructions like wiping the palms of your hands and bottom of feet etc.
The spray is clear and the tan develops over a few hours. Well, no results really by bedtime, but on Monday morning, let's just say I was glowing! I hadn't dried off my face too much, not wanting to wipe off the spray, so yes, it was pretty orange! Apparently I didn't do too well with the palms of my hands either!!
Thankfully I was able to exfoliate my face to a more natural radiance. My hands, well they are still pretty orange!!
Scott found the whole thing pretty amusing, including my hypochondriac fear of dying due to inhalation (don't worry, it is apparently less harmful than caffeine!). Truth be told I have been pretty amused too, and the whole thing was funny. (I still maintain childbirth was less stressful!) Maybe I'm maturing to where I'm less concerned about people thinking I'm strange! I should be, they always have!! ;-)
From now on I'll stick to the old fashioned way of sitting in the sun - with a good sunscreen, of course!
On Sunday my good friend, who works at a salon, arranged a free spray tan, in one of those booths - how cool is that! She explained all the things you need to do to avoid "fake tan" syndrome! Apparently I don't follow instruction well!
Firstly, it is impossible to hold your breath for as long as the spray takes, so you end up inhaling said spray! I didn't hold my breath at all first off and panicked when the spray got to my face! What do you do when you panic? Take a deep breath. Yep, it's like spraying hairspray in your mouth!!
After all the spraying was over, finally (you can't just stop half way!) I came out. There was some follow-up instructions like wiping the palms of your hands and bottom of feet etc.
The spray is clear and the tan develops over a few hours. Well, no results really by bedtime, but on Monday morning, let's just say I was glowing! I hadn't dried off my face too much, not wanting to wipe off the spray, so yes, it was pretty orange! Apparently I didn't do too well with the palms of my hands either!!
Thankfully I was able to exfoliate my face to a more natural radiance. My hands, well they are still pretty orange!!
Scott found the whole thing pretty amusing, including my hypochondriac fear of dying due to inhalation (don't worry, it is apparently less harmful than caffeine!). Truth be told I have been pretty amused too, and the whole thing was funny. (I still maintain childbirth was less stressful!) Maybe I'm maturing to where I'm less concerned about people thinking I'm strange! I should be, they always have!! ;-)
From now on I'll stick to the old fashioned way of sitting in the sun - with a good sunscreen, of course!
2 comments:
Just like the episode of Friends when Ross gets a spray tan and manages to swallow most of the spray and only tans his front side!!!
ok so i vote that pix are necessary!! ;p
Post a Comment