When Emma was born I stepped down as a youth leader in our church. Much the same as my job, I did not know when I would be able to return and anything less than full commitment would be unfair to the team and youth. The past few weeks Scott has been with the youth and I have attended the adult bible study, which has been like a spiritual top-up!
When Scott came home this afternoon I was napping on the sofa (yay!) and the baby was in her crib sleeping. When we woke up he knew I was not feeling good. I would say joyless would describe my day! He encouraged me to get out of the house and called his mom to come and babysit (yes, Ellen has been wonderful!).
We joined the youth group at the bowling alley for a couple of cames and I had SOOO much fun! It was great to spend time with the kids and our friends who are also leaders. It was exactly what I needed. AND it helped me too realize I'm not depressed - I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself that easily if I was.
Tomorrow Grandma Ellen and Pops are watching Emma for a few hours so that I can go and get my hands dirty and help with the church renovation! Can you say Power Tools!! Scott also said he'd do the night shift on Saturday so I can get 8 hours of sleep. I'll need every minute of it - we have 3 hospital appointments and two therapies next week!!
When Scott came home this afternoon I was napping on the sofa (yay!) and the baby was in her crib sleeping. When we woke up he knew I was not feeling good. I would say joyless would describe my day! He encouraged me to get out of the house and called his mom to come and babysit (yes, Ellen has been wonderful!).
We joined the youth group at the bowling alley for a couple of cames and I had SOOO much fun! It was great to spend time with the kids and our friends who are also leaders. It was exactly what I needed. AND it helped me too realize I'm not depressed - I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself that easily if I was.
Tomorrow Grandma Ellen and Pops are watching Emma for a few hours so that I can go and get my hands dirty and help with the church renovation! Can you say Power Tools!! Scott also said he'd do the night shift on Saturday so I can get 8 hours of sleep. I'll need every minute of it - we have 3 hospital appointments and two therapies next week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment