Emma had her second session with a speech therapist today. The first was a few weeks ago and she had woken prematurely from a nap! She wasn't grumpy per se, but she was kind of quiet.
Today Emma was her fully charming self! Babbling, kicking, making eye-contact. It was so great to be able to show others how bubbly she is, not to mention how well she is doing with her development. I am pleased to say she let me capture her cuteness for your viewing pleasure...
Emma is starting to suck, albeit weak, but it is a good sign for her oral development. We are hoping to give her some tastes of food in the next few months and continue to encourage her swallowing. The good news is that swallowing can be learned, so I am hopeful that she will be able to process food normally in the future.
We've been working on the exercises the therapist gave us last time, but it's tough to be truly consistent! I know that Grandma Ellen helps a lot because she talks to Emma all the time and reads to her when she's babysitting!
We will soon be going to visit our family in the UK (and all the other people who have been following her!) and we know she will enjoy all the attention!! But are they ready for the cuteness?!
Today Emma was her fully charming self! Babbling, kicking, making eye-contact. It was so great to be able to show others how bubbly she is, not to mention how well she is doing with her development. I am pleased to say she let me capture her cuteness for your viewing pleasure...
Emma is starting to suck, albeit weak, but it is a good sign for her oral development. We are hoping to give her some tastes of food in the next few months and continue to encourage her swallowing. The good news is that swallowing can be learned, so I am hopeful that she will be able to process food normally in the future.
We've been working on the exercises the therapist gave us last time, but it's tough to be truly consistent! I know that Grandma Ellen helps a lot because she talks to Emma all the time and reads to her when she's babysitting!
We will soon be going to visit our family in the UK (and all the other people who have been following her!) and we know she will enjoy all the attention!! But are they ready for the cuteness?!
2 comments:
Dear Emma, (and to your Mommy and Daddy, too)
I heard you say "Mommy" and "Hi", too! You can't fool me. I pride myself in being an expert in BABY Talk !!!!!
I love you and am very happy with your progress and your Mommy is right >>>>you are too cute!!!!
Love,
Aunt Pat
Do I detect an accent? Where is she from, South Philly? ;-D
Post a Comment