Yesterday was Scott's 26th birthday and though he is a year older he will be quick to tell you he is not as old as me!! He decided to work as usual but skipped doing any overtime. We headed to the Thompsons house for a BBQ and swim. He didn't realize I'd bought a ton of burgers and hotdogs, they decorated and Mrs T. made a cake. He was pleasantly surprised.
We dipped Emma in the pool but it was pretty cold so she protested somewhat!
Tomorrow we are heading to the beach at Ocean City to visit our friends. I can't believe I'm actually going to take Emma on the beach - I meant it when I said I wouldn't!! However we couldn't resist the call of the ocean and she has done really well in the heat other times. I have purchased a little tent for her (SPF 50) and a beach umbrella (SPF 100) so she should be in the shade the entire time. Plus we have a little spray bottle to keep her cool!
Did I mention it's supposed to be 93f tomorrow, so the beach is where we should be!!
I'm still trying to get used to being unemployed and missing the great times you have with colleagues, but I think it will be easier to deal with in the summer, when I can hit the pool or beach any day. It's not really easy, too much baby paraphenalia for that, but we only have to get Scott the day off!
No comments:
Post a Comment