It was or understanding that Emma should not be able to burp or throw-up, following the nissen procedure. Yet this morning (after being on baby duty all night) Scott informed me that or daughter had managed to throw-up on the play mat this morning!
I didn't panic - honestly! I simply called the hospital and spoke to the surgical fellow who assured me that it was okay as long as it wasn't green! It was white, so phew!! I wasn't entirely convinced so I emailed Emma's surgeon for his opinion. Apparently a little, occasionally is normal.
Today my sister, mum and I left the girls with the husbands and went shopping. In Mothercare I saw a t-shirt that said "My mummy makes me smile." I love any tops that say mummy, instead of mommy, but it took a few seconds for me to realize why that one was not for us. It's funny how I notice less and less that Emma doesn't smile because I'm reading the other signs she gives.
While we were away the guys took the kids on a long walk to the seafront. As it's a school holiday this week the fair is in town and they were there for some time. Nicola and I joined them a bit later.
A few friends came to visit in the evening and I am noticing more and more that Emma is shy with new people at first and then becomes more animated and vocal with them as time goes on. It's a shame for those who only see her for a few minutes as she can seem quite reserved, but after a while, well, you've seen the video!!
My poor parents have been eaten out of house and home this week! Luckily they know the score and we visit so rarely they have time to recover!
I started packing with Emma's clothes and realized she has quite a few extra, either gifts or hand-downs!! I won't complain, more clothes = less frequent laundry!
No comments:
Post a Comment