Thursday
No plans today so I tried to sleep in with Emma! I got a little extra sleep, but that was consolation for getting up at 5am!! An eventful first few hours - when I went in to check on the reason for her crying I discovered she'd thrown up again! I started thinking - vomiting, increased de-sats, extra secretions, less gas. Mmm, I think there's a problem with the nissen! So I emailed the doctors.
Emma's surgeon wants to wait and see if they continue before we do anything. Did I mention that we are on first name terms with Emma's [top] surgeon? I'm telling you, it's the best hospital in the world!!
On a different note, Emma and I hit Babies R Us so I could pick up a sun screen for her car seat. Of course we browsed and I picked up a couple of developmental toys for her. It's amazing how much the price of these things add up, and so recently we started using the money that people have given Emma over the past few months. It's funny, but I feel guilty spending her money, even though it's on her!! That's probably a good thing, or she'd have even more clothes!!
Friday
Emma's occupational therapist was really pleased with her progress and showed me some ways to continue the development with a view to crawling and then walking! Emma is very tolerant of all the exercises we do with her, probably because they involve toys!! She's so interested in everything I expect her will will push her to progress!
The two of us went to see friends Friday evening, while Scott was helping with our youth group. We got home around 10.15pm, and she was still awake! i was supposed to have fed her at 10, so I gave her a really quick bath and put her to bed with her food!
Saturday
Emma took a while to get settled in bed, I think 4am was the last time I got up before I woke at 7am. I had expected her to get up at 6am like normal, but she slept until 9am! I fed her right away (I skipped the 6am feed because I knew it would wake her up!) and she fell asleep again for another hour!!
It's going to be 97 degrees today, so we are not going out! (It's 75 in our house!!) Aunt kimberly is coming over to play with Emma so I can start cleaning out the basement to try and sell some of the junk we have down there!! Someone should warn Scott to put his tools away!!!
While Kimberly was here, we Skyped my parents and grandparents who are together. Emma was displaying her new tolerance for sitting and actually sat unaided for at least 30 seconds, (it seemed like 5 minutes!), but then went down and caught her cheek on the corner of the laptop - don't judge me!! It was only a little bump, and no immediate bruise!
No plans today so I tried to sleep in with Emma! I got a little extra sleep, but that was consolation for getting up at 5am!! An eventful first few hours - when I went in to check on the reason for her crying I discovered she'd thrown up again! I started thinking - vomiting, increased de-sats, extra secretions, less gas. Mmm, I think there's a problem with the nissen! So I emailed the doctors.
Emma's surgeon wants to wait and see if they continue before we do anything. Did I mention that we are on first name terms with Emma's [top] surgeon? I'm telling you, it's the best hospital in the world!!
On a different note, Emma and I hit Babies R Us so I could pick up a sun screen for her car seat. Of course we browsed and I picked up a couple of developmental toys for her. It's amazing how much the price of these things add up, and so recently we started using the money that people have given Emma over the past few months. It's funny, but I feel guilty spending her money, even though it's on her!! That's probably a good thing, or she'd have even more clothes!!
Friday
Emma's occupational therapist was really pleased with her progress and showed me some ways to continue the development with a view to crawling and then walking! Emma is very tolerant of all the exercises we do with her, probably because they involve toys!! She's so interested in everything I expect her will will push her to progress!
The two of us went to see friends Friday evening, while Scott was helping with our youth group. We got home around 10.15pm, and she was still awake! i was supposed to have fed her at 10, so I gave her a really quick bath and put her to bed with her food!
Saturday
Emma took a while to get settled in bed, I think 4am was the last time I got up before I woke at 7am. I had expected her to get up at 6am like normal, but she slept until 9am! I fed her right away (I skipped the 6am feed because I knew it would wake her up!) and she fell asleep again for another hour!!
It's going to be 97 degrees today, so we are not going out! (It's 75 in our house!!) Aunt kimberly is coming over to play with Emma so I can start cleaning out the basement to try and sell some of the junk we have down there!! Someone should warn Scott to put his tools away!!!
While Kimberly was here, we Skyped my parents and grandparents who are together. Emma was displaying her new tolerance for sitting and actually sat unaided for at least 30 seconds, (it seemed like 5 minutes!), but then went down and caught her cheek on the corner of the laptop - don't judge me!! It was only a little bump, and no immediate bruise!
No comments:
Post a Comment