Sunday, June 15, 2008

Weekend Update

Friday night...

Scott went to the church as he does every Friday, to help with the youth group and this week I went too, to take some pictures of the different groups that meet. The youth were playing football (aka soccer - I'm English, sorry!) with a giant ball and lacrosse nets!! I couldn't resist joining in.

Afterward we took them all to Dairy Queen for ice-cream and water (we're responsible adults don't cha know!!) Here are some of the great kids we have had the pleasure of hanging with

Top row: Jeremy (adult) Kayla, and Kimberly (yes, Aunt Kimberly)
Bottom row from left: Kali, Erika, Christina (adult plus baby on board!), Kevin, Nana and Scott (semi-adult!)

Saturday...

Scott was working again (what a trooper!) so Kimberly and I left Emma to entertain her grandparents while we test drove a bunch of cars!! We're really just looking for when we decide to upgrade, but I did see one I like!!

Later on Emma and I joined Scott at our friends house, where he was helping put in a new door. We were invited to stay for dinner and Emma got to sit at the table with us like a big girl!!



Sunday... (Father's Day)

Now, if on Mother's Day mom doesn't have to take care of the kids, it should stand to reason that on Father's Day dad takes care of the kids - after all, that is the opposite of normality!!! ;-)

Of course I wasn't trying to pull that one, so after letting Scott get a good nights sleep Emma gave him a "World's Best Dad" keychain and an IOU for a new power drill (they'd sold out!!)


And the first photographic evidence of Emma sitting unaided, for Grandma and Grandad!!

No comments: