The Moebius Conference is fast approaching and the anticipation is building! Billed as having over 100 attendees with Moebius of all ages, 300 people total we are expecting to meet many others who have or are family members of those with Moebius. It will no doubt be an emotional time.
I have just received word that we are scheduled for a complimentary session with the doctor in Toronto that does the "smile surgery"! How exciting! There is also a doctor evaluating kids for autism. I have contacted her, but I'm not sure Emma's old enough. Even so, she is showing no signs of it that I am aware of and is seeing her neurologist again in January!
Further more, this will be our first family trip by ourselves and it will be great to spend some time together.
We haven't quite figured out how Emma will be with all the sessions, hopefully she'll behave! At least there is two of us so we can take shifts! They have childcare, but I'm not even close to that stage!
We have many years of uncharted territory before us, and we are determined to do everything in our power to give Emma the support and assistance she needs. We know you feel the same! Thanks for praying with us for a future that sees Emma living her life with purpose.
I have just received word that we are scheduled for a complimentary session with the doctor in Toronto that does the "smile surgery"! How exciting! There is also a doctor evaluating kids for autism. I have contacted her, but I'm not sure Emma's old enough. Even so, she is showing no signs of it that I am aware of and is seeing her neurologist again in January!
Further more, this will be our first family trip by ourselves and it will be great to spend some time together.
We haven't quite figured out how Emma will be with all the sessions, hopefully she'll behave! At least there is two of us so we can take shifts! They have childcare, but I'm not even close to that stage!
We have many years of uncharted territory before us, and we are determined to do everything in our power to give Emma the support and assistance she needs. We know you feel the same! Thanks for praying with us for a future that sees Emma living her life with purpose.
No comments:
Post a Comment