So after dinner (ours, not Emma's) I was taking Emma out of her high-chair and her g-tube extension (the tube that hangs) caught on the chair and pulled the whole thing out. I'm talking about the whole thing, even the little balloon filled with water that sits inside her tummy.
I screamed hysterically to Scott who was on the phone to get me a syringe (to deflate the balloon to shove it back in!). He had no idea what was going on, but grabbed a syringe for me. I quickly pulled the water out, popped the little tube back through the hole in Emma's belly and put the water back in.
I wouldn't be me if I didn't then call the hospital (at 9pm) to make sure everything was okay. The doctor I spoke to seemed not too worried, or even interested!!
Emma was bemused by the whole thing and probably wondered why I wouldn't feed her until I got called back by the paged doc!
You may be wondering how the new sleep system is going! Nap time has been okay. She stills wake up after 45 minutes but instead of bringing her into my room I wait a couple minutes before comforting her and leaving her to sleep in the crib.
At night she sleeps through, but bedtime is tough if she's awake, mainly because playing with Daddy gets her hyped before bed!! Plus we've been out late lately, so she's staying awake later. Scott should be done with the late overtime soon though, so dinner and bedtime won't compete!!
Here are some cute pictures from a recent trip to Olive Garden...


I screamed hysterically to Scott who was on the phone to get me a syringe (to deflate the balloon to shove it back in!). He had no idea what was going on, but grabbed a syringe for me. I quickly pulled the water out, popped the little tube back through the hole in Emma's belly and put the water back in.
I wouldn't be me if I didn't then call the hospital (at 9pm) to make sure everything was okay. The doctor I spoke to seemed not too worried, or even interested!!
Emma was bemused by the whole thing and probably wondered why I wouldn't feed her until I got called back by the paged doc!
You may be wondering how the new sleep system is going! Nap time has been okay. She stills wake up after 45 minutes but instead of bringing her into my room I wait a couple minutes before comforting her and leaving her to sleep in the crib.
At night she sleeps through, but bedtime is tough if she's awake, mainly because playing with Daddy gets her hyped before bed!! Plus we've been out late lately, so she's staying awake later. Scott should be done with the late overtime soon though, so dinner and bedtime won't compete!!
Here are some cute pictures from a recent trip to Olive Garden...
No comments:
Post a Comment