Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Insomnia

I can't take it anymore!

As you may recall, a few months ago we were having some issues with naps and they seemed to get resolved, with Emma sleeping for a good solid 1-3 hours during the day. Somehow, some way this got messed up! Sure I miss being able to take a nice nap myself, but more than that, she is 2-3 hours short of the optimum sleep she should be getting, so important for a baby. What's more, she wakes up screaming for a few minutes and I am not good at handling that.

Emma will no longer sleep for more than 30 minutes during the day, unless she is being held! I would love to hold her for a couple of hours, but I have too much to do while she sleeps to sit there for that long.

Her therapist has suggested putting her in her crib between feeds (minimize reflux) for naps and not relying on the little doze she has during feeds. In fact I'll be keeping her awake during feeds! Then we'll try putting her in her crib at the same time each day so she gets the idea.

We have been putting her to sleep on a Boppy pillow, for incline, but will need to take that away so she can move herself into a comfortable position. We can incline the mattress instead.

How long will all this take to reset her clock? Not sure! I'll start when we get back from Florida! Don't expect to see me at 2pm for a while! And when you do, I'll likely be a zombie!!

No comments: