Monday, August 25, 2008

Milestone

Tonight we went to Olive Garden with most of Scott's family - never-ending pasta bowl is back baby!!

We took Emma, of course and decided beforehand to try her in a high-chair, rather than the stroller.

When our food came I sat her int he high-chair, put her cloth book and teething toy in front of her and proceeded to chow down on my salad and breadsticks (mmmm!!)

It was just a few minutes later when a woman came over and said [something like] "I just wanted to tell you what a good baby she is! My husband told me to turn around and I saw her, but didn't even know she was there! And she's so little!"

Emma was wearing jeans and a pink t-shirt, but is still pretty small for a high chair. She sat there for the entire meal, content checking out the place. Only toward the end did she start chatting and reaching for my face - not even to come out!! That was pretty good considering the meal finished past her bedtime and at supper time!

While we ate I kept looking at her and it was quite special to see her there. I don't think we'd ever let ourselves imagine this far ahead! Not that we thought she wouldn't make it, but just grasping the present is often enough for our brains!

Our little baby is growing up!!

When we got home, Emma got a bath, supper and Scott brushed her face. Here she is as she tries not to pass out on the floor...

1 comment:

Taryn said...

HA take that! Emma is amazing, duh!