Thursday, August 28, 2008

Nap time

We've had an encouraging few days sleep-wise. The past couple of nights Emma has slept through until 4-5am, without desats, which means I get a solid 5 hours of sleep! She goes to bed between 7-8pm usually, and I have been encouraging her to go back to sleep until 6.30-7am, so she is getting between 11-12 hours per night.

Last night we came home late, but Emma had been sleeping since about 8pm. We put her to bed and she did not even stir. as I cleared up downstairs Scott was in charge of hooking up the night feed. I heard "Debra" in a very loud whisper from upstairs, "come here." I went up to see what was up and Emma was in bed, sucking her thumb! It was very cute. (we always call each other in when she looks especially cute!)

Emma still needs 2 good naps during the day, and this week I've had her take at least one nap of an hour or more each day. This is definite progress, and it is really dependent on how much sleep I got the night before. Only when I am not tired do I have the patience to let her cry it out and go back to the sleep mid-nap!!

Today we are heading to the hospital, but not for an appointment! We have a meeting for the breastfeeding committee and Emma is coming with me as many of the people at the meeting helped to care for her in the NICU. It's 1-2 pm so I'm aiming to give her a morning nap and then she'll probably fall asleep on the drive home!

No comments: