Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Good night

Scott and I made the tough call to come home to sleep last night, after Emma's usual bedtime. One of us could sleep by her bed, but I did try to nap in the bed chair and it was not great!! Also I knew I need to get some sleep to be able to cope when she comes home.

I called the nurse before I went to sleep and again just now. It sounds like she slept all night and didn't have any episodes.

Today Scott is going to drive me in before he goes to work and will come and get us when she is discharged.

There are some big differences between Newborn ICU and the Pediatric ICU where Emma is right now. The big one is that she is in a real room, with a door, but it is shared. Her roommate left yesterday morning though!

There is a TV (woohoo!), you can bring food in, she has a window bed and a bathroom in the room. However, we noticed last night that the nurses were not quite as quick to respond when her vital signs change. I'm trusting that that would not be the case when we were not there!! We also did not have to stop at a desk before going to her room - a little too open!

That is enough for me to prefer the NICU for better care! And we still think it's an awesome hospital.

1 comment:

Taryn said...

wow, what an emotionally trying day! I am glad she is doing well :)
*hugs*