Monday, September 29, 2008

So far..

It was a very early morning, up at 4.30am!!  Emma was confused at being woken up to leave - I never wake her!!!  She was very cute though and behaved super well all morning.
 
Scott got a kick out of our meeting with the Anaesthetist.  As we sat on either side of the gurney, Emma clad only in a diaper and laying on her belly decided to rip out an almighty, well you can guess - she's a Morton.  It was funny, we all laughed!  ("A little gas for the gas man" - Scott!)
 
As it got time to leave pre-op, her nurse gave her Tylenol and Versed (sp?), which acts as a calming agent.  Calming?  She was so chilled out she didn't even squeak as the nurse wrapped her in a blanket and carried her away!  That was good for us as I don't know if I could have taken an emotional farewell!
 
We went for breakfast in the cafeteria and not 5 minutes after we came back tot he waiting area we got the call that it was done and they are taking out the breathing tube before she comes out. I'll post more when we've seen her and settled into the Intensive Care Unit.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Taryn said...

awesome!! I'm hoping everything goes well post op :) I'm thinking of you!