We have a phrase in the UK/our family that perfectly sums up how I feel today - "Death warmed up"!
The shingles is basically a few small patches of itchiness with some pin-prick pain thrown in. The tough part is the toll fighting the virus takes on your body. I think the worst part though is the whole icky skin issue. I truly felt like a leper last night! Of course Scott is awesome and will not let me get down! A foot rub is better than any medication!!
I woke up today feeling like I have flu - achy, sniffly, foggy and slow. I have opted not to take the medication because it apparently shows up in my milk in large quantities. I hope I feel better to celebrate Emma's birthday next week!
Emma slept with us for a couple of hours this morning and sounded a little sniffly herself, however she woke up first and when I turned the light on she was laying across the bed with her feet in the air, gnawing on her monitor wire! You can't help but laugh at her tenacity!
Today we have therapy at 11.30 and then a hospital appointment at 3.30pm. You know what that means - I have to take a shower! A pain on any day!! I want you to know I did call the hospital to get clearance for us to go in. Scott thought that was funny, I'm too organized! I just know I would want others to take the same precautions.
Here's an update on the feeding situ: We dropped adding the carbs (Polycal) and they nixed me increasing the volume as that may contribute to loosening the wrap that stops the reflux! So far we have almost exhausted all the ways to add calories! The docs suspect she has "dumping syndrome", which means her bowels push the food out fast without absorbing nutrients leaving her also with low blood sugar, which is why she falls asleep after those feeds.
The new tactic is to add cornstarch to her milk! It is a complex carbohydrate, so should take longer to digest, giving her more nutrients. Please make this a prayer priority. The gastroschisis bowels is the cause, not the Moebius!
__________________________________The shingles is basically a few small patches of itchiness with some pin-prick pain thrown in. The tough part is the toll fighting the virus takes on your body. I think the worst part though is the whole icky skin issue. I truly felt like a leper last night! Of course Scott is awesome and will not let me get down! A foot rub is better than any medication!!
I woke up today feeling like I have flu - achy, sniffly, foggy and slow. I have opted not to take the medication because it apparently shows up in my milk in large quantities. I hope I feel better to celebrate Emma's birthday next week!
Emma slept with us for a couple of hours this morning and sounded a little sniffly herself, however she woke up first and when I turned the light on she was laying across the bed with her feet in the air, gnawing on her monitor wire! You can't help but laugh at her tenacity!
Today we have therapy at 11.30 and then a hospital appointment at 3.30pm. You know what that means - I have to take a shower! A pain on any day!! I want you to know I did call the hospital to get clearance for us to go in. Scott thought that was funny, I'm too organized! I just know I would want others to take the same precautions.
Here's an update on the feeding situ: We dropped adding the carbs (Polycal) and they nixed me increasing the volume as that may contribute to loosening the wrap that stops the reflux! So far we have almost exhausted all the ways to add calories! The docs suspect she has "dumping syndrome", which means her bowels push the food out fast without absorbing nutrients leaving her also with low blood sugar, which is why she falls asleep after those feeds.
The new tactic is to add cornstarch to her milk! It is a complex carbohydrate, so should take longer to digest, giving her more nutrients. Please make this a prayer priority. The gastroschisis bowels is the cause, not the Moebius!
So after a while (and a shower) I am feeling semi-human (versus sub-human!). Emma graciously went down for a nap at 8am and is still there now! I got a call from her therapist, wisely calling off today's session - she sees too many kids to risk it.
Before he left for work Scott told me not to worry about cleaning up anything, he would do it all when he got home. Apparently that is like waving a red-rag to a bull! I did just the opposite - not intentionally disobeying! It started with unloading the dishwasher and washing up the dirty dishes!
Then, Emma has started moving toward the wood floor to bang her toys on it! There isn't much exposed in the living room so I wanted to shift the area rug to give her more space. It needed a vacuum anyhow! There are two sofas and a recliner on the rug though, so I had to move them off first. Then I realized it is November and the Christmas tree will go up in a few weeks, so I should shift the sofas round to make room!
As I did it the shingles started to tingle, but I had super-human strength!
I don't know what it is about being sick, but I get anover-whelming urge (more than usual) to clean everything! This could work out!!
No comments:
Post a Comment