Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Check-up

Today was Emma's bi-monthly check-up at the hospital, for her gastric issues. Her growth is okay, but she is still in the 5% percentile (95% of kids her age are bigger). However her development is a source of amazement and delight for the team who couldn't believe her sign language and cruising.

Since the diarrhea persists, for 24 days and counting, we are increasing the pectin and also adding a probiotic to her diet to try and fight the bug the natural way. If it doesn't work or the cultures come back positive we will add some specific antibiotics to the mix.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Debra - Im not sure if you'll remember me or not, but my name is Jen - I have a son, Brody Lee, who was born at CHOP in December 2007. He had gastroschisis also. We ran into each other numerous times in the waiting room and we also saw each other at the reunion this past year. Im so glad I came across your blog. I actually found it when I read Taryn's blog. SO - I just wanted to let you know that I scanned over your posts and you guys look great! Emma is adorable & she has to wonderful parents! Im so sorry to hear about the ear infections, diahrea (spelling??). Brody had to have tubes put in his ears because he had chronic double ear infections for months. He also gets horrible diahrea (there I go again w/that spelling!) on almost any medication. I found the best diaper rash cream to use is Desitin Ointment - not creamy..plain ointment. But anyway - if you want to check out Brody's Carepage it is www.carepages.com (BrodyLee). Or if you're on facebook just look up Jennifer Daywalt.

Im glad to have gotten to say hi!

Take Care,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Debra - if you'd like to email me you're more than welcome to (jen_b21@hotmail.com)

Have a nice day,
Jen