Friday, February 20, 2009

Sleep strategy

Emma has gotten wily in her old age and if she does not want to take a nap she refuses by constantly pulling the CPAP off and standing up in her crib!

This afternoon a nap was not an option. I was not feeling good and needed a nap, but Emma had other plans. At first it seemed like she was getting her own way because I went in to her room, took her out of the crib. However, I brought her into my room and laid her down with me.

Instead of playing, she had to lay there in my arms until she fell asleep, which took about 45 minutes!! Once she was asleep we both got a good two hour nap.

What was surprising to me was that Emma did not have any desats, because she was not on her CPAP!

Tonight I tried the same things, kind of. I put her to bed without the CPAP, and will put it on when she's in a deep sleep and won't fight it! The art of compromise!!