The American Pediatric Assoc. recommends children under 2 do not watch any TV. I don't know if that includes them watching my TV shows!! (I suspect it does.) However it has become very clear we are way beyond that. Convicted about our TV habit (on most of the day for background noise and entertainment) I turned off the TV this morning. Emma promptly picked up the remote and handed it back to me!
I didn't sleep well last night, and Emma, who got up too early, is not feeling well (diarrhea again and even threw up) so I could not handle the crying and whiney noises for long and turned TV back on. Emma is currently leaning against my leg, watching Regis and Kelly.
Aside from that, we put the signing DVD on at least 3 times a day to keep Emma occupied while she gets tube feeds in her chair. As you can see below, one of the additional times it was on, Emma loves the DVDs and we justify it as increasing her brain power!!
I didn't sleep well last night, and Emma, who got up too early, is not feeling well (diarrhea again and even threw up) so I could not handle the crying and whiney noises for long and turned TV back on. Emma is currently leaning against my leg, watching Regis and Kelly.
Aside from that, we put the signing DVD on at least 3 times a day to keep Emma occupied while she gets tube feeds in her chair. As you can see below, one of the additional times it was on, Emma loves the DVDs and we justify it as increasing her brain power!!
I'll work on it again tomorrow.
1 comment:
I have to tell you - my boys watch a good bit of tv too! Its usually Sesame Street, Bob the Builder, Madagascar (Blake's favorite), little children singing bible songs (not sure of the name of the DVD), Super Readers or Sid the Science Kid. It seems like there's always something on. I make a habit on not turning the tv on on Saturday mornings. Not until the afternoon. They know that when they get up on Saturday morning they just go play! This is their break from the tv. So - my kids watch LOTS of tv & it hasn't held them back in any area. They've actually learned a lot.
The video is so darn cute!!!
Jen
Post a Comment