Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Funny guy

Last week my parents sent me some chocolate from England. Now, I have a sweet tooth (or 10) so I like most chocolate, but the Brits beat the Americans hands down in chocolate! Don't believe me? You'll have to try it one day, but I can't promise I'll share!!!

Last night I had a few of the small bars out for a bit of a chocolate binge. When Scott saw them he asked why they were out. I told him, "I'm going to eat them!" He didn't think I should, so while I went to feed Emma he hid them around the living room!

It took me over an hour to negotiate the location of three of the bars (which I ate!), but I never found the fourth and I didn't mind, I had indulged the craving and figured I'd find it today.

So, we went to bed. We usually leave one light on in the living room in case the nurse needs to come downstairs, so I put that on and turned everything else off.

Upstairs I brushed my teeth and put the new nightlight I'd bought, in the bathroom. We usually leave the bathroom light on all night for the nurses but our bulbs keep dying! A few minutes later I had to use the bathroom again (for a drink!) and I detected a strange smell. It was not bad but it did have a burning tinge!

I took out the nightlight and brought it in our room, explaining to Scott that I thought it was burning, but it smell like candy. He couldn't smell anything, but did ask if I'd switched everything off downstairs. I said I had, but had turned the one light on. Scott asked if I'd found the last chocolate bar, and when I said I hadn't he said I'd better go and switch the lamp off!

You guessed it, the burning candy smell was my LAST chocolate bar cooking on top of the light bulb! Before falling off the bulb, the wrapper melted into the chocolate, dripping chocolate all over the light bulb.

It was all very funny, and Emma's nurse had a good laugh too! The moral of this story - don't hide things where they pose a fire risk if not discovered!!

Our kids are going to have lots of fun with their dad when they get older!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness!! that's sooo funny!! ha ha ha LOL