There are some things about parenthood that no-one can prepare you for. An example was this afternoon when I was putting the clean laundry away upstairs. I gated the stairs and was letting Emma crawl around freely (except for the bathroom - she thinks the toilet lid is a drum!).
Emma found her way to the fire extinguisher in our room (the nursing company 'recommended' we have one!) When she wouldn't leave it alone following verbal instruction I went over to move her. She started playing with her mouth and that's when I realized she was eating dust bunnies!
Even I can find the funny, if gross, side of that!
Emma further surprised me when I took her in her room to get her ready for bath time. I had moved the balloon Scott gave her for Valentines into the spare room for a few weeks and put it back today. When I laid her down she signed balloon - a sign I didn't even realize she knew! I was very excited and she kept doing it!!
On a different note, I had a midwife check-up today and everything is fine. I've gained about 11lbs total in 16 weeks, which is way better than last time! Of course now I'm not nursing I'll have to scale back my appetite indulgences. Well, after I finish the chocolate my Mum just sent me for Easter!!!
Emma found her way to the fire extinguisher in our room (the nursing company 'recommended' we have one!) When she wouldn't leave it alone following verbal instruction I went over to move her. She started playing with her mouth and that's when I realized she was eating dust bunnies!
Even I can find the funny, if gross, side of that!
Emma further surprised me when I took her in her room to get her ready for bath time. I had moved the balloon Scott gave her for Valentines into the spare room for a few weeks and put it back today. When I laid her down she signed balloon - a sign I didn't even realize she knew! I was very excited and she kept doing it!!
On a different note, I had a midwife check-up today and everything is fine. I've gained about 11lbs total in 16 weeks, which is way better than last time! Of course now I'm not nursing I'll have to scale back my appetite indulgences. Well, after I finish the chocolate my Mum just sent me for Easter!!!
1 comment:
don't forget to add "balloon" to the sign tracker! ;p ;)
Post a Comment