There is exactly two months between my birthday and Scott's. In those two months we have Mother's Day, our wedding anniversary and Father's Day. After my 30th birthday party Scott was understandably without ideas for Mother's Day. so when he asked me what I wanted to do I said I would just like the day off! (The other requests were added later!)
Today is Mother's Day (US), my second as Emma's mum, and I was very much looking forward to my day off. To clarify, I didn't want a day by myself, no, I just wanted a whole day without all of my usual responsibilities!! Those of you who work might understand, but since you have weekends and evenings off not quite!! When I get to enjoy spending time with Emma and Scott and not worry about the details I have so much more fun.
After sleeping in until 8am (Scott got up to let the nurse go and get Emma up) I got the breakfast I requested. An egg-bacon-cheese sandwich and two small choc-chip pancakes with strawberries and squirty cream. (Yes, I was that specific!) And it was delicious.

I didn't eat it in bed though, I came down to the living room and ate there while Scott kept Emma out of my hair - priceless!!
I was able to take a long shower and get ready for church without trying to stop Emma falling off my bed. Unfortunately the pleasure was marred by a recent significant weight gain that will prevent me posting a picture of myself for a while. (The breakfast above was after the weight gain and a one-time deal - I read your mind!)
Shaking that off, we headed to church.
I'm not sure if it was the change in her primary caregiver for the day, but Emma was very keen to stay with me and fell asleep on my shoulder during the music at church. She stayed there through laughter and clapping. When I did adjust her to stop my arm dying I saw she was wide awake, and just cuddling! (One of those moments that wipes out stress.) Once she did get restless I put her in her booster seat.

We decided a few weeks ago to try and have Emma sit alone through church. She did so well today and we were both able to stay in service. In fact, when everyone was praying Emma too folded her hands and bowed her head. When she got bored we would remind her we were praying and she'd resume the position!
As always our schedule was way-off today and Emma didn't go down for a nap until 1.30pm. And that was when my extra treat came about.
You see, I know it's wrong, maybe even a sin but I have a problem with garden-envy. As i drive around I look at the well-manicured lawns and varieties of shrubs and plants and I wish to have a more beautiful garden. We have not had time to do much in our yard since we moved in 2 1/2 years ago and it looks, well, sad!
This week Scott had the great idea that today he could do some work in the yard, and I could sit in a lawn chair and watch. Sounds great, but I want to get involved too - I come from a long line of gardeners, surely it must have rubbed off! After making some drawings of the finished yard yesterday, some 4 or 5 phases of work no less, we tooled-up and headed outside.
The 70 degree weather with a strong breeze was perfect. I started pulling weeds and Scott started digging. We had no idea what we were doing! After a brief chat we started to work together at one end of the house, moving toward the other. We got much more done and had a great time.
At 4.30pm when I hadn't heard a peep from Emma in 2 hours I had to go and check on her. She was out cold.

She woke up soon after, thankfully.

Though because of her late nap we couldn't put her to bed until closer to 9pm. I'll deal with that when I'm back at work tomorrow!!
I LOVE Mother's Day!!!
Today is Mother's Day (US), my second as Emma's mum, and I was very much looking forward to my day off. To clarify, I didn't want a day by myself, no, I just wanted a whole day without all of my usual responsibilities!! Those of you who work might understand, but since you have weekends and evenings off not quite!! When I get to enjoy spending time with Emma and Scott and not worry about the details I have so much more fun.
After sleeping in until 8am (Scott got up to let the nurse go and get Emma up) I got the breakfast I requested. An egg-bacon-cheese sandwich and two small choc-chip pancakes with strawberries and squirty cream. (Yes, I was that specific!) And it was delicious.
I didn't eat it in bed though, I came down to the living room and ate there while Scott kept Emma out of my hair - priceless!!
I was able to take a long shower and get ready for church without trying to stop Emma falling off my bed. Unfortunately the pleasure was marred by a recent significant weight gain that will prevent me posting a picture of myself for a while. (The breakfast above was after the weight gain and a one-time deal - I read your mind!)
Shaking that off, we headed to church.
I'm not sure if it was the change in her primary caregiver for the day, but Emma was very keen to stay with me and fell asleep on my shoulder during the music at church. She stayed there through laughter and clapping. When I did adjust her to stop my arm dying I saw she was wide awake, and just cuddling! (One of those moments that wipes out stress.) Once she did get restless I put her in her booster seat.
We decided a few weeks ago to try and have Emma sit alone through church. She did so well today and we were both able to stay in service. In fact, when everyone was praying Emma too folded her hands and bowed her head. When she got bored we would remind her we were praying and she'd resume the position!
As always our schedule was way-off today and Emma didn't go down for a nap until 1.30pm. And that was when my extra treat came about.
You see, I know it's wrong, maybe even a sin but I have a problem with garden-envy. As i drive around I look at the well-manicured lawns and varieties of shrubs and plants and I wish to have a more beautiful garden. We have not had time to do much in our yard since we moved in 2 1/2 years ago and it looks, well, sad!
This week Scott had the great idea that today he could do some work in the yard, and I could sit in a lawn chair and watch. Sounds great, but I want to get involved too - I come from a long line of gardeners, surely it must have rubbed off! After making some drawings of the finished yard yesterday, some 4 or 5 phases of work no less, we tooled-up and headed outside.
The 70 degree weather with a strong breeze was perfect. I started pulling weeds and Scott started digging. We had no idea what we were doing! After a brief chat we started to work together at one end of the house, moving toward the other. We got much more done and had a great time.
At 4.30pm when I hadn't heard a peep from Emma in 2 hours I had to go and check on her. She was out cold.
She woke up soon after, thankfully.
Though because of her late nap we couldn't put her to bed until closer to 9pm. I'll deal with that when I'm back at work tomorrow!!
I LOVE Mother's Day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment