Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Vacation story pt 2

Day 6 - Thursday "Scott's 27th birthday"
Despite it being his birthday Scott got up fairly early as the forecast was for a hot sunny day and we had not seen one of those this week!

We were on the beach by 9.30am and almost right away Emma wanted to go for a walk, and she wanted to go right in the water! It was pretty warm so I let her paddle but was trying not to get her diaper wet just yet!

The rest of our friends arrived around noon and we were on the beach until after 6pm. Emma went home for a nap in the middle of the day and was back, ready for more!

While we were packing up to go home Emma was sat in the tent with our friends 5 year old daughter. Emma loves older kids, and she especially likes Mikenzie. Kenzi found it odd that Emma was staring at her and said "stop looking at me like that!" We explained that Emma can only look like that! Kenzi was quiet at first, but we explained how smart Emma is and Emma was using her sign language. At one point she looked at Kenzi and signed 'friends' without any prompting. I almost cried it was so cute!

After showers Scott and I went for dinner with two of our friends and then to the arcade for him to spend the quarters Emma gave him for Father's day!

It might sound crazy but as we prayed before we left I asked to get a tan! Might sound silly but God does hear every request! However, rather than waiting to see if I would get a tan I did what I could to get the desired results and was a little sporadic with the sunscreen. Needless to say I got burned (most of us did!). It was a good lesson in waiting on God to answer prayer instead of continuing to take matters into your own hands!!

Day 7 - Friday
The forecast was good for today, with storms possible in the afternoon. Well that's still a good day on the beach!!

We were on the beach from 11am until 6pm! The weather was great, the water warm and plenty of waves to jump over. We kept Emma with us the whole time and she ended up sleeping for a good 2 hours, albeit only after she was super tired!

After showering we all hit the boardwalk for junk food and arcade games. We got home about 11am and some how Emma was still awake! She slept well through the night and I expect will be pretty sleepy on the ride home.

(Did you notice that the better the weather the less I used the camera? Well, I was on vacation too!!)

No comments: