Monday, July 6, 2009

Daddy's Girl

If there was ever any doubt in the importance of the need to spend time with Daddy Emma removed all of it tonight.

After taking the youth group tubing today, Scott was hanging out with Emma, playing on the floor subtly trying to get her to stand by herself. We have been able to stand her up and quickly move away so she'd stand for a few seconds but this was different.

I was writing a blog watching out of the corner of my eye the first time she went from all fours to standing up all by herself. I quietly grabbed the camera before she did it again. (In fact I never acknowledged what she was doing at all and Scott kept it really low-key too. We were screaming inside!!)

And here it is...


And again...


And then Scott took it one step further, make that 21 steps...


And since then Emma has walked back to me, back to Scott, walked carrying a book and even watched the video of herself walking.

Her therapist said to us on Thursday that she's too smart to trick into standing or walking, and smart enough to understand it if we give her instructions. That's exactly what Scott did and she is!!

It's a proud moment for any parents so I can't tell you if it means more to us, I just know that I was beginning to wonder if it would ever happen. We knew she could, I just didn't think she would!!

God is good, all the time!

2 comments:

Christina Schoenrock said...

Awesome Praise God! She looks like she has been walking for months!!!!! Watch out now!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! That is just amazing!! She is walking so well!! She isn't going to be walking for long - she's going to be running everywhere - you just watch and see!! I love these videos.