Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!

Today is Independence Day in the US, the day to celebrate the defeat of the British rule in America. AKA America's Birthday!

Being British today is just an excuse for a barbecue or used to be a day off work! On this July 4th Scott is working at the church so I decided to run errands with Emma. I wasn't quite sure what would be open on the holiday because on Thanksgiving everything closes.

What I learned was that the roads were deserted and so were the stores!! Saturdays round here are the day to stay off the road because of terrible traffic - not today!! It was a ghost town and took us no time at all to get around.

The highlight of my day was at Kohls department store. I received a $10 gift card from them in the mail and it expired today so I went to spend it. I found a $26 pair of sunglasses on sale for $10.99. With the giftcard, I ended up paying just $1.06 for some designer sunglasses - bargain!!

We then stopped at church to take a coffee for Daddy. Emma was customarily shy at first, before she started drawing on a piece of wood with Scott's pencil!

I'm not sure what we'll be doing this evening but I'm sure I'll hear more than one joke today about the British being defeated!!

1 comment:

Christina Schoenrock said...

So how many jokes did you here. Jeremy and I had several and never got to share them. You know we only kid with the ones we love. Love ya Girl!