Monday, August 3, 2009

The Wall

It's a phrase I think I've heard mostly in the US - "hitting the wall", referring to the point in sport when the body becomes incredibly fatigued and loses energy. I think it applies well to pregnancy, and with just 7 weeks left to go, I have hit a wall of sorts!! A sleep pattern regularly interrupted by heartburn and thirst, plus bathroom trips contributes to the effects of having a very active person depleting the energy resources I have!!

Yesterday we had a rare Sunday with no plans after church, and with miserable weather we chilled out at home for the afternoon. We skyped my parents and Emma was showing off as usual. Tthis time Scott Picked Emma up like a dumbbell, it was pretty funny...




After a few hours I took a catnap on the sofa and every time Emma tried to wake me up (I kept my eyes firmly closed) I guess Scott was telling her to "sshhh" because when I did wake up she walked over to me, finger to her lips and said "ssssss"!!

Today I really struggled to get up and it was made easier my Emma who is in a cuddly mood today. She snuggled up in bed with me for a half hour before we got up for breakfast.

She kept herself pretty much amused this morning, pulling out books and photo albums. She's also mastering coordination with her little push bike...


We had a visit from her new clinical nursing manager, with the company that supplies her night nurses. When she went to listen to Emma's belly Emma reached for the stethascope, as usual. Kristen was amazed when Emma lifted her shirt and put it on her belly!!

Apparently Emma's confidence has grown greatly with her new walking skills. She will show-off for anyone at anytime, and that usually means they will happily read any book to her - so smart!!

This week we have two specialist appointments and 3 therapy sessions, while I also have a midwife's appointment. With two other specialist appointments this month, we are cramming in all the medical stuff we can before I get to far along.

No comments: