This morning was quite a change. Scott's alarm clock went off at 5.30am, something that hasn't happened in a few months! It was not as loud and obnoxious as I remember, but that might change once I hear it every day!
Scott left at 5.45am and I got up to relieve the nurse at 6am. Emma woke up at 6.20am - we can't seem to get her to sleep much after the nurses leave. This morning I knew she needed more sleep so I brought her in with me and she slept until 8am. I think I nodded off a couple times too.
I headed out for a midwife appointment at 9.30am. We both agreed that she should be the one to deliver this baby, so she checked the schedule and she is on call tonight and Friday! She checked me again and there really is no significant change though.
On the positive side, I haven't gained much weight this month, and my blood pressure has been good the whole pregnancy. The baby does seem to be growing though, which is good. I hope he doesn't get too big!!
There's no doubt that it is disappointing. Analyzing every twinge and movement for signs of labor is driving me nuts. I might try reverse psychology - making plans that I don't want to go into labor for! Works on most kids.
Anyhow, I've scheduled an ultrasound for Monday morning, to check the fluid levels and have a non-stress test to monitor the baby. I used to do that twice a week with Emma!! I'm going to live as though the baby won't be here by then.
Scott left at 5.45am and I got up to relieve the nurse at 6am. Emma woke up at 6.20am - we can't seem to get her to sleep much after the nurses leave. This morning I knew she needed more sleep so I brought her in with me and she slept until 8am. I think I nodded off a couple times too.
I headed out for a midwife appointment at 9.30am. We both agreed that she should be the one to deliver this baby, so she checked the schedule and she is on call tonight and Friday! She checked me again and there really is no significant change though.
On the positive side, I haven't gained much weight this month, and my blood pressure has been good the whole pregnancy. The baby does seem to be growing though, which is good. I hope he doesn't get too big!!
There's no doubt that it is disappointing. Analyzing every twinge and movement for signs of labor is driving me nuts. I might try reverse psychology - making plans that I don't want to go into labor for! Works on most kids.
Anyhow, I've scheduled an ultrasound for Monday morning, to check the fluid levels and have a non-stress test to monitor the baby. I used to do that twice a week with Emma!! I'm going to live as though the baby won't be here by then.
No comments:
Post a Comment