Tuesday, September 15, 2009

There's more...

Last night my laptop died! Well, not so much died as went into a coma!! There is nothing wrong with the computer (thank goodness), but the power cord is shot. It's been on borrowed time for a while as it was starting to fray at the weak point.

So this morning Emma and I hit the road in search of a new power cord. We have a Lenovo, which is not a common type of laptop, so your run-of-the-mill electronics place had nothing, well one universal cord to over $100!!

Thankfully I am already familiar with a local specialty store who had one to fit my computer exactly.

I hate having to spend money on electronics, but I would go nuts without my laptop! I use email a lot, the internet is my main info resource and of course, the blog!!

Also, this week I'm working on the nursery. Why do I need the laptop? We are using it to project an image on the wall for me to trace and then paint in - I'm so ambitious! I started last night, and it looks pretty cool so far. We'll have to see how it looks with paint! (If nothing else it will stop me losing my mind waiting for this baby to arrive!)

No comments: