Emma was up before dawn again today, well, 6am at least! She had a rough night with coughing, but her nurse said it just seemed to stop in the early hours. She was pretty perky all morning and seems to be doing better on less sleep these days.
I slept quite well and have discovered that if I don't eat breakfast I don't get sleepy in the morning!! Instead I took a shower, got dressed and took Emma out in the car. Our destination? The Carter's store for baby clothes.
Since the nurse reiterated that the baby looks like a boy I figured it would be safe to pick up a few more boy clothes so we don't have to rush out as soon as he's born. Even though the midwife is predicting an 8-9lb baby, I thought I should have a few things in newborn size, since often they run big.
Carter's had a sale on and I got 4 sleepers with feet in NB size, and a few things in 3M for when he gets a bit bigger. I also got a fleece suit for over the really cold winter months.
I will wait on anything else since I don't know how fast he will grow, or even how often I'll need to change his clothes! Emma was 9lb at 3 months, and had a reflux problem!
We've been offered lots of hand-me-downs from friends, so when I figure out whose kids were born in the same season I can accept the offers!!
In the meantime I found out today our neighbors have sold their house and will be moving in the next couple months. They are our grandparents age, and have been really good neighbors. They also have 2 Pomeranians which used to scare Emma with their barking. Now she will actually stand in the yard with them while they run around her. She has the cutest giggle when they lick her hands!
Our new neighbors will be the same age as us, so we hope that we'll be able to connect with them. They couldn't ask for better neighbors ;-)
To keep you up-to-date on Scott's new job, they really like him, but the work will be running out in the next few weeks! Before telling me this though Scott spoke to his old boss, who does now have work and he wants him back ASAP! The summer was not a good part of their relationship, but he was always very understanding when we had Emma, and is big on family.
Life is full of twists and turns, isn't it! I definitely prefer it like this though, to a life of boredom and hopelessness!
I slept quite well and have discovered that if I don't eat breakfast I don't get sleepy in the morning!! Instead I took a shower, got dressed and took Emma out in the car. Our destination? The Carter's store for baby clothes.
Since the nurse reiterated that the baby looks like a boy I figured it would be safe to pick up a few more boy clothes so we don't have to rush out as soon as he's born. Even though the midwife is predicting an 8-9lb baby, I thought I should have a few things in newborn size, since often they run big.
Carter's had a sale on and I got 4 sleepers with feet in NB size, and a few things in 3M for when he gets a bit bigger. I also got a fleece suit for over the really cold winter months.
I will wait on anything else since I don't know how fast he will grow, or even how often I'll need to change his clothes! Emma was 9lb at 3 months, and had a reflux problem!
We've been offered lots of hand-me-downs from friends, so when I figure out whose kids were born in the same season I can accept the offers!!
In the meantime I found out today our neighbors have sold their house and will be moving in the next couple months. They are our grandparents age, and have been really good neighbors. They also have 2 Pomeranians which used to scare Emma with their barking. Now she will actually stand in the yard with them while they run around her. She has the cutest giggle when they lick her hands!
Our new neighbors will be the same age as us, so we hope that we'll be able to connect with them. They couldn't ask for better neighbors ;-)
To keep you up-to-date on Scott's new job, they really like him, but the work will be running out in the next few weeks! Before telling me this though Scott spoke to his old boss, who does now have work and he wants him back ASAP! The summer was not a good part of their relationship, but he was always very understanding when we had Emma, and is big on family.
Life is full of twists and turns, isn't it! I definitely prefer it like this though, to a life of boredom and hopelessness!
No comments:
Post a Comment