Monday, October 5, 2009

The Longest Day

I'll spare you all the tedious detail of this incredibly long day!! Suffice to say I am quite frustrated that after 12 hours there is still no new baby, but hopefully soon.

We started n one medication which worked some on my cervix, but not enough to get going on Pitocin, the contraction inducing med. Therefore I got a new medication at 6pm which they will let take effect overnight (overnight!!!!) and then we'll start the Pitocin in the morning.

Unless the current meds kickstart my body into laboring by itself, at which point I can get up and move around.

In the meantime Scott went home to see Emma and put her to bed. I miss her so much and got to speak to her on the phone. If we are really no further along by Tuesday afternoon I am going home!!

They will give me a sleep aid to get some rest tonight, until I go into labor! (I'm trying to be optimistic!!)

I borrowed my friends laptop to get online this time and hopefully she'll leave it with me so I can keep you posted, but in the least I'll text from my phone.

No comments: