Monday, October 12, 2009

so far so good...

Last night was much better. Toby's 4th night home and I figured on some kind of schedule to maximize our sleep!

we fed Toby at 10pm, while I pumped. He woke up at 1.30am and I gave him a bottle I had ready. Once he was done I pumped (and caught the end of the Phillies game!) and went back to bed. Toby wasn't quite ready to do that so he fussed for a while, until I gave him some of the next bottle!!

This morning he woke up at 6am for the rest of that bottle and fell back to sleep. Emma was awake, but being good, so I went in to get her up after Toby was content. I got a lot more sleep, and also had a couple naps yesterday which has helped.

It worked out really well and Scott did not get woken up once! (We can't having him nodding off at work!!) I even made my bed and put away the clean laundry Scott did yesterday.

I haven't figured out how to get a shower in yet, other than nap time, but that's a job for another day!!

Emma has therapy at 9.30am, which will carry us nicely to lunchtime. (I don't think it would be right to take a shower while Melissa's here, but I was tempted to ask!!) I'll get dressed for that!!

We have Toby's first pediatrician appointment after naptime, when we'll know what will happen about his tongue. Emma will be getting her flu shot at the same time, so Scott is meeting us there - two kids and shots, that's too much for one parent!!

I debated the vaccination thing, and ended up getting a flushot and Tdap (b/c it includes whooping cough which is a problem again) in the hospital myself. Emma is getting a flushot, but I'm going to avoid the H1N1 vaccine for now.


No comments: