Yesterday we all stayed home from church. I was feeling really rough and praying I don't have flu. Emma's runny nose and cough came back after a couple of days break and poor Toby is suffering from congestion too. Scott stayed to help with the kids and catch up on the rest he missed because he was helping with the kids!!
Toby has become very alert and awake the past few days and did not want to nap for more than a hour at a time yesterday. Thankfully Scott offered to take care of him in the afternoon, when we'd normally all nap, and let me sleep as long as I needed to.
Scott's parents stopped by around 4pm and Ellen watched the kids while Scott and Pops tried to make a dent in the leaves covering our yard! They actually managed to get them all raked to the curb for collection today.
I got up about 5.30pm and took a shower. That went a long way to helping clear my head. Unfortunately I have developed a hacking cough which is quite disturbing. I can only hope Toby is getting enough of the antibodies I am making in his milk.
With us both running low on energy the night shift is not appealing to anyone. Scott took Toby until midnight, unable to get him to go to sleep. I told him to give him to me in bed and sure enough he fell right to sleep snuggled in my arm. He did the same after the 3am feed!
Aside from the cough I'm feeling a little better today. Ellen is coming to play with Emma this morning, while Toby and I are going to run errands. I hope it will help us both get used to going out together, and give me a chance to catch up on things I've been putting off. The weather was so nasty last week, and Toby is not a great passenger. While Emma is very well-behaved I am still nervous about taking them both out with me.
The weather this week is chilly but dry, and with my parents coming tomorrow we will likely be out and about a fair bit. I hope this will give me greater confidence in taking the kids out so I don't turn into a hermit this winter. Remember "The Shining?"!!!!
Toby has become very alert and awake the past few days and did not want to nap for more than a hour at a time yesterday. Thankfully Scott offered to take care of him in the afternoon, when we'd normally all nap, and let me sleep as long as I needed to.
Scott's parents stopped by around 4pm and Ellen watched the kids while Scott and Pops tried to make a dent in the leaves covering our yard! They actually managed to get them all raked to the curb for collection today.
I got up about 5.30pm and took a shower. That went a long way to helping clear my head. Unfortunately I have developed a hacking cough which is quite disturbing. I can only hope Toby is getting enough of the antibodies I am making in his milk.
With us both running low on energy the night shift is not appealing to anyone. Scott took Toby until midnight, unable to get him to go to sleep. I told him to give him to me in bed and sure enough he fell right to sleep snuggled in my arm. He did the same after the 3am feed!
Aside from the cough I'm feeling a little better today. Ellen is coming to play with Emma this morning, while Toby and I are going to run errands. I hope it will help us both get used to going out together, and give me a chance to catch up on things I've been putting off. The weather was so nasty last week, and Toby is not a great passenger. While Emma is very well-behaved I am still nervous about taking them both out with me.
The weather this week is chilly but dry, and with my parents coming tomorrow we will likely be out and about a fair bit. I hope this will give me greater confidence in taking the kids out so I don't turn into a hermit this winter. Remember "The Shining?"!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment