Monday, February 22, 2010

Growing fast

There have been some funny incidences lately. Last week I found Toby laying on his mat and wearing sunglasses. Emma denied all knowledge!! Emma has also been trying to pull him out of the baby chair to put her doll in it!

Then there's the cute things. We often hear from the other room Emma laughing and saying "Ha ha, Nony!" (That's how she says Toby). She will call "Night night Nony" and give him spontaneous hugs and kisses!

Here Emma is reading to Toby...

On Saturday, while walking around the grocery store Emma started pointing to the ceiling and saying something. It was a few moments before I realized she was pointing at the "s" on the sign and saying it! When we came home from the store today she walked around the back of the car as I unloaded Toby and I heard her reciting the letters from "Sedona!!"

Emma knows her numbers from 1 to 10 and the following letters of the alphabet:
A B C D E F G H I L M N O P R S T V X. We think that's pretty good and she has a couple of years to learn the rest!!

I am pleased to report that as Emma continues to improve with her eating (we've started chewing a bit) she is also improving in her speech and many words that were quite tough to understand are now really clear. Scott's even got her saying "Yes sir!!" We're still working on replacing "uh-uh" with "no!"

Toby is doing really well. He's been binky free for over a week now and has coped well. It's greatly improved my night times and I think he's eating more, because I give him a bottle as soon as he fusses instead of holding off with a pacifier. We have seen him sucking his thumb on occasion, but nothing too consistent!!

I was concerned that he wasn't rolling yet, but I read that 6 months is more average. I've been doing tummy-time as much as possible, but he only likes it on the ottoman where he can look around - the floor is too low!

Finally, I just saw a news story that a 90 minute midday nap can make you smarter!! That or smart people nap when they can!! I realized when I got sick last week that I need to take better care of myself and the kids have been allowing me to get naps in here and there. That's great because Scott is working 12-14hrs most days and if I went to bed early we'd never see each other!!

2 comments:

Christina Vare said...

Has Emma been watching the video we got her for her birthday? Has that been helping her learn her letters? It really helped Abby.

Christina Schoenrock said...

That is a great picture! They are both getting so big!