Valentine's Day was never a big deal in our house growing up, unless my sister or I had a boyfriend!! Even then, it's a whole different deal over here. Parents, grandparents and kids exchange cards and gifts. It's cute, but I still see it much the same as I did growing up. (Now I'm married, our anniversary is more important than some random day.)
Although, there is one tradition I look forward to each year now and that is the Thompson's Valentine Dinner!
The Thompsons are our "other family!" Scott's second home growing up, and one of my favorite places. There are few places where I can go and relax like I would at home like my parents house, my grandparents, and now the Thompson's!
Mrs. T is the hostess bar none. No matter how random the holiday, Mrs. T. can make it a special family event. Now I see Valentine's as more just a reason to love on family and friends than celebrate not being single! Here is the beautiful Valentine's table...
Although, there is one tradition I look forward to each year now and that is the Thompson's Valentine Dinner!
The Thompsons are our "other family!" Scott's second home growing up, and one of my favorite places. There are few places where I can go and relax like I would at home like my parents house, my grandparents, and now the Thompson's!
Mrs. T is the hostess bar none. No matter how random the holiday, Mrs. T. can make it a special family event. Now I see Valentine's as more just a reason to love on family and friends than celebrate not being single! Here is the beautiful Valentine's table...
Something else that makes the Thompson's so special to us is that they love Emma (and the rest of us) something crazy. And Emma returns the feeling (as do the rest of us!!) So I always make sure she looks as cute as possible.
Emma is taking the longest time to warm up to the four-legged family member - Rocky.
Here''s Emma with Nichole
A new toy for Emma was the helium filled heart balloon which she was having lots of fun with. Here's the video if you can see it!
I know you're dying to know what Scott and I got each other today!! The answer is nothing. We are going out for a nice dinner with friends next Friday. Nice and easy!
Happy Valentine's Day everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment