Wednesday, May 5, 2010

5 days in 5 minutes (or so!)

I know, it's been a while since I posted anything important/funny/vaguely interesting! It's not that nothing has happened, I've just been too busy to sit and write or even load pictures. It's 4.30am and I happen to be up (!) so I guess this is a good time!

On Saturday Scott and I went to dinner at our favourite restaurant in the city. When we arrived and checked in for our table someone grabbed me from behind with a "surprise!" I thought who could be bumping into us downtown! Scott had invited our friends Brian and Chrissie as a surprise. They live in another state so we don't get to see them much, and they missed my big party last year, so it was really cool. Good job Scott!

It's been 80-90f since Friday and on Saturday night we discovered our minivans air-conditioning doesn't work! If you live here you would know how big a problem that is. We have the big Kia warranty so we are hoping it's covered - it goes in on Thursday!

Given the heat I put Emma in a cool dress for church on Sunday. Dressing her is so much fun and easy to do. No surprise she is ready first and has to wait for us. Here's how she amused herself waiting on Sunday - and none of these are staged!!


Our closet!

Daddy's slippers

Mummy's shoes

Church was awesome and I went again for the Night of Prayer at 6pm. The series PB is preaching on is really powerful. If you can't hear it, I strongly recommend you read Fearless by Max Lucado. I can't say it will be as good, but it is worth it.

On Monday, it was hot and we just had a quiet day at home. Melissa came in the morning for a therapy session, which gave me a breather to handle some insurance issues on the phone! Scott worked in the evening, so I gave the kids a bath each and put them to bed.

Emma is so funny at night when she is not really tired as she talks to herself. some nights we here her singing from Baby Signing Time, "New day. Sunny Day." Other times it's "Hola Dorya, Hola Noots." (Dora & Boots!)

On Tuesday morning we hit the library as usual and Emma had fun. I watch her in awe every time as she sits in the middle of the rug and gives her full attention. Regardless if every other kid is sitting with their mom! She is so self-confident and friendly - I'm so proud!!

After that we hit BJs for some supplies and Toby had a big milestone - his first time sitting in the shopping cart! As you might expect, I have disinfecting wipes in my car, co the whole thing was sanitized! Surprisingly he did not even try to chew the cart!

Melissa was back for more therapy Tuesday afternoon, and we sat outside on a blanket while she had Emma working. They drew our family on the driveway in chalk! Meantime I got bitten many times and vowed that sitting on the grass is just not an option!!

After bedtime Emma started to show signs of pain. She had a big poop, but all the crying and sweating suggested that there was more and she was constipated. After a while I picked her up and laid in my bed with her, which calmed her down.

As we lay there (I was dozing off too) I felt quite sad that I couldn't just say " It's okay, you can sleep with mummy tonight." I don't think I ever have. I guess I could have, but I wouldn't have been able to give her the feed overnight, or put the CPAP on. The nurse might have enjoyed the night off though! One day soon.

And there you have it, up to date pretty much. Today we're going bowling again and tomorrow we have a follow-up at the hospital with ENT. I pray there is no reason to consider getting tubes in her ears. I'll let you know.

So I'll leave you now (and go back to bed) with a picture of Toby that really shows a lot of his personality...


No comments: