Life is not always what you imagined it to be, but when you put your hope and trust in Jesus, life will be more than you could have ever dreamed.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
All over
That's right, my organized, simple, relaxed life (or the measure I did have) is gone!! Toby is now mobile...
Sure, it may not be efficient crawling, but I had to rescue my magazine from his mouth before 7am this morning!! He was nowhere near it when I put him on the floor!
And then there's Emma. Clearly a chip off the old block, she wants to eat constantly. I am finding cookies-turned to mush-rehardened stuck to the furniture/carpet/clothes! After watching her enjoy the chicken so much yesterday I realized that the more she is left to her own devices, the more she wants to eat. So now I put her food in front of her with a fork or spoon and leave her to it! Occasionally I hear "Mummy, feed me", but more often she quietly make her way through the food.
I couldn't be happier!!
Today I decided to take a road trip down memory lane!! For over a year I've wanted to visit friends Bret and Sharice at my old office. Knowing tomorrow is Sharice's birthday I decided to stop by completely un-announced for a quick visit!
Emma was not to keen on the way, wanting to visit her friends! When I explained that we were going to see Mummy's friends she got on board. We got there about 11.15am, a little later than planned due to traffic. I wasn't sure that Emma would want to stay long so it was fine.
As it turned out Emma was on top form, saying "Hi" to everyone and enjoying all the toys (corporate giveaways) she was getting! I would say 90% of people in the office were there the last time I visited (which was to tell them I would not be returning to work over 2 years ago). Needless to say they were thrilled to see Emma's progress, realizing that most of what she does was by no means assured.
Toby was equally a hit, his usual relaxed and cheerful self. Sharice was smitten I think and only to happy to hold him - even when he started drooling on her!! I had to smile when she was holding him, giving him a bottle and still answered the phone! The ultimate professional, I learned so much from Sharice!
Just like when you return from a vacation, setting foot back in the office was like a time warp, where it feels like no time has elapsed at all. Thankfully two tiny people were there to remind me!! And as in times past, the knowledge I acquired over the 9+ years with the company came rushing forward and I have no doubt I could have picked up a phone and sought a sale!
Since we ended up staying for over an hour, we went through lunchtime and hit naptime before we got in the car. Emma finally fell asleep after crying and I gave her one of Toby's bottle nipples in lieu of her pacifier!! I was prepared to sacrifice nap-time for today - just today!!
But you know Emma had a good time because when she said her prayers at naptime (every meal and every bed time!!) she thanked Jesus for "Mummy, Daddy and Mummy's friends"!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment