Today we went bowling with my friend Kenda and her kids Kaylie and AJ. Emma was excited to go bowling again and since we get two free games every day, I'm sure we'll be going a lot this summer.
After a few frames I let
Considering that she has low muscle tone in her upper body due to the Moebius Syndrome this is pretty incredible. And to see her pushing the ball with her left arm - the one that is weaker and used less, was a double bonus!
In addition to the exercise,
It was also special that she was able to eat the same snacks as the other kids, chocolate-chip Teddy Grahams, thanks to Kenda!
Speaking of which
My heart is getting very hopeful that the sleep study in July could eliminate the need for the CPAP and nursing. I've also figured out how we could eliminate the night feed, leaving only daytime bolus feeds to wean her off the tube. I may be getting ahead of myself, but it gives me the energy to keep going!
1 comment:
Thanks so much for sharing! It sure looks like Miss Emma is able to "participate with her peers" to play a serious game of bowling. I really didn't think is was so "typical" to be able lift that size bowling ball at her age! What an amazing little girl she is and what terrific parents she is blessed with.
Have a wonderful Mother's Day. I miss all of you very much, but I am so glad to see how well everyone is doing. Keep sharing.
Love,
Merle
Post a Comment