We've seen trees, apples, cookies, Dora (it's recognizable), and yesterday a new one. Can you guess what it is?
If you said bananas, you'd be right!!
This week I found a kind of harmony with my kids. They are hitting milestones that make my job easier. Emma is eating table food, and often feeding herself. Toby too is helping out...
At one point this week I was having a tough afternoon, with a headache etc. When the kids got up after nap I tried not to put the TV on. Emma asked to eat and I set her up in her high chair (where she loves to be) with some applesauce. She wanted me to feed her but I needed to get dinner, so I told her to do it. She refused, crying to try and manipulate me. I let her go. When Toby started a bit later I put him in his high chair until I could get his bottle ready.
They were both crying, and then Emma stopped and said "You're okay Toby" and proceeded to comfort him!! They both stopped. When I handed him his bottle and he held it himself Emma thought I would feed her, but I can now say that Toby is doing it himself, so can she!
In the end it turned out to draw them closer and Emma will now soothe Toby when he cries, kissing him, hugging him or rubbing his head!!
No comments:
Post a Comment